I am guilty. I have not posted anything since August. The hands on these clock moves faster than the wings of a hummingbird. I will begin by saying that yes, the mission still continues. Monday (10/18) I started the point system (again) believing that I needed accountability to make this thing happen. And that is exactly what I need...a limit to how much I can eat. It's not that I indulge in large quantities of food, but I'm simply tempted by the things that fancy my palate. I must remember, however, that I am not eating to satisfy my taste buds but to nourish my body. Period. If I can do that and enjoy some of my selections, than I have arrived.
Let's go back..last week I asked myself what kind of trainer has these kind of struggles. I really had to ponder this one. Can I truly call myself a trainer? Of course I am being hard on myself. I workout at least 4 days a week right and I eat fairly well, don't I? But what do I need to do to push myself to the next level. Stop BSing is the answer. Anything worth while is worth working hard to achieve. If I wanna get in the best shape of my life, I have to work for it.
So as I usually do, I started on a Monday. This Monday with spinning at lunch and dragging myself off the couch to take step at WSC. Despite the $100 ticket I got for parking in the wrong area outside the club, I was proud of myself for walking up from my nap in time and not deciding to go back to sleep. I stayed within my allotted points and had a good day.
Yesterday I taught Cardio Dance Party, which watered me like plants receiving morning dew. I was excited that I had pulled it off after feeling unprepared and having a nightmare the night before of being on a stage in front of a crowd and forgetting the choreography. I would have similar dreams the night before I would began a new college course frightened because it was time for class and I could not find my classroom. The long hallways seemed endless and I was blinded by the bright lights and distracted by the thousands of eager students. Anyway I woke of from my stage fright dream and Cardio Dance Party was a success. I burned calories, received compliments and then exhaled knowing it was over. I had planned to get in a weight training workout but didn't get around to it. I vowed to make up for it today.
Well, I must say--It's about time! :o)
ReplyDelete