Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday, May 13
B-100 calorie bread with turkey sausage
L-greens, sweet potato, 2 slices of turkey
D-mixed veggies (carrots, squash, cucumbers-warmed from party)
S-boiled egg, sardines, coffee
Exercise: 30 min elliptical, 40 min spin/abs, chest/biceps

Chest & Biceps:
Chest Press (40lbs)15R, 50(12), 60(10)
Seated Alternating Curls 15(15), 15(12), 15(10)
Ball Push-Ups 20R, 15R, 15R
Cable Hammer Curls 50(15), 60(12), 60(10)
Pec Deck 45(15), 50(12), 50(10)
Curls on Cable Column 50(15), 60(12), 60(10)

Comments:
This was a good workout. Never did that many sets of bicep curls in my life. The program for the challenge only requires cardio 3 times a week to put on and keep muscle. It only took me about 35 minutes to finish. So all I have to do is "die" for less than 45 minutes. I can do that. I used positive self talk through out the workout, which worked pretty well. I know we like to stick to what we are used to but we have to try new things sometimes. I can embrace this new way of working out.

Going to buy some whey protein to supplement my protein. Tomorrow I will work on legs and abs. No cardio.

2 comments:

  1. Stay focused with your "Eye on the Prize."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great day!! Reading your blog is helping to motivate me too!

    ReplyDelete