Day 22-Monday, 11/30
Let's see. I had a good workout today, which consisted of 20 min of cardio on our new upright bike and 40 minutes of hard-core (okay medium core) strength training. I completed 3 sets of all exercises, which included:Leg Press, Shoulder Press, Curls, Lat-Pull Downs, Squats, Tricep Pull-downs, Deadlifts, Lateral Raises, etc. I worked all my major muscle groups and have decided to do total body strength training 3 days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) instead of doing a split muscle routine. This way I will have at least one day for my whole body to recover from lifting. One highlight of my workout was my smith machine squats. I added 35lbs to each side of the bar and in total squatted 90 pounds (which includes the weight of the bar). The goal is to squat adding the 45lb plates to each side. I probably could do a few reps now since I did 8 reps with the 90lbs, but I will wait another week or two. After I get a little stronger, I will graduate from the smith machine and squat with the weighted bar with the plates added.
I was starving most of the day due to lack of time to get food before or during my evening class. I had..
B-protein bar (200cal)
S-3 oz of chicken (100cal), 50 cal worth of wheat bread
L-large garden salad with turkey (400cal)
S-pretzels (170cal)
D-chicken salad on crackers (220cal), pickle (0)
Comments: I am still trying to figure out how I got away with no calories for the pickle. That doesnt seem right, but that's what the label said...0 calories for 3/4 a spear. Someone enlighten me on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment