Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 4

I went to Ballys today for cardio and abs. I had a 3 mile run in mind (thanks to Michelle), but I haven't ran since my foot injury that occurred back in July. I wrapped my foot and hoped for the best. I was overjoyed when I finished the 3 miles. I used others around me for support. There was a women running a couple of treadmills down from me and I first pretended we were in a race and she was a competitor. I vowed to run as long as she did. Then she stopped and I focused on a new competitor. The guy in front of me was running super fast so then I pretended I was on the police force and I was chasing this guy who had just committed a crime. Weird, huh? Of course, but whatever works when you need motivation.

I ended up running the 3 miles in about 40 minutes so not super fast but at a good pace. My foot felt a little funny at first but along the way I felt nothing at all. Cool!!!I burned 350 calories and kept my heart rate between 145bpm and 170bpm. After the run I used my favorite abdominal machine. You would have thought I hated it if you saw me trying to avoid it. But I pushed myself. Its the machine where you lie on a "bench" and bring your knees into your chest and crunch. I added a 10lb weight. I did 5 sets of 10. The burn felt good. That is the only machine that really makes my abdominal sore. I will try to use that machine at least 3 times a week, which means I need to go to Ballys that often. I will definitely try.

Food:
B-2 packs of instant grits (200 cal)-Now oatmeal would be a better choice because it has more fiber
S-protein bar (200 cal)
L-large salad-grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato salsa, carrots, mango vinaigrette dressing (approx. 400 cal)
D-2 boca burger patties, 100 cal whole wheat bread, 4oz of green tea drink (approx. 400cal)
S-2 chocolate graham crackers

Comments:
I am not eating enough to build muscle mass right now (well not a significant amount anyway), but the focus now is to drop weight and body fat. I would like to make it to 130lbs before January 1. I will, however, continue to lift to preserve the muscle mass I do have.

I feel good about the running. The goal is to run at least 2 times per week for at least 3 miles. Let me suggest Boca Burgers. They were pretty good and only 120 calories each for 10 grams of protein. Not bad at all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Angela! You seem dedicated this time more so than all the other times. I know you can do it and the good thing is I'll be there to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa. Yes, I feel more motivated than before. I know I have been slacking lately.I think writing things out has helped alot.Also knowing that you will look at my food and workout info is super motivation. I should be setting a good example, you know :)

    ReplyDelete