Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 66: Friday, 1/15

I had a great workout today. Thanks MF for your double workout reports. I got two in myself doing a "mixed 45 workout" in the morning and 30 min of elliptical in the evening. The mixed workout consisted of a 15 min walk/run on an incline of 5.5 followed by a 15 min jog (4.5-4.7mph) and 15 min of a high impact bike ride. The walk/run and jog was a total of 2 miles and the bike was 3 miles on a moderate/high Resistance. My heart rate stayed between 145-155 for my bike ride. I ate the following:
B-4 strips of turkey bacon, 3 egg whites
S-fruit cup
L-1/2 garden salad with turkey w/Mandarin vinaigrette dressing
S-peanut butter crackers
D-frozen dinner with rice, chicken, carrots (300 cal)

Day 67-Saturday 1/16

Litttle Five, MA and I did a strength training workout today (as we analyzed music videos :). We did push-ups, 1 leg deadlifts, lunges, shoulder press, ski hops, etc. I plan to lift again on Monday while I am off now that I have my weight set. I ate the following:
B-2 pks of high fiber oatmeal
S-1 shortbread cookie, coffee (thanks, RJ)
S-diet coke and orange (thanks, Little Five)
L-lean cuisine, 3 bites of cake
S-almonds with coco powder
"D"-chicken nuggets, tortilla chips (Made with organic corn)

Comments: I was looking at the cover of the Muscle and Hers Fitness Magazine and thought, "What must I really do to get there". Here are my answers:

1) Lift for Real: I need to lift like I am on a mission. Concentrating on sticking to a schedule. We have a tendency to do enough but not push to the next level. Your results are waiting for you to step it up.

2) Eat Even Cleanier: So, I admit that I have making better choices, but I have to be extra careful. Will 3 bites of cake kill me? No, but if I take bites of this and that all week, then they start to add up. Yes, we can eat in moderation but define it reasonably based on your goals.

3) Get in Enough Cardio: I should be doing at least 5 cardio workouts a week for 40-60 minutes. The cardio blended with the strength training willl get me where I need to be.

4) Recognize my Inner Strength: We all have the power to reach our goals. We just have to dig deep and recognize that we have the ability to get the results we seek. Dont let excuses, insecurities and laziness get in the way. Most of us have been saying what we are going to do for too long. This is the year to make it happen (FOR REAL). Throw your worn out strategies out the window and grab hold of new ideas that with accelerate your drive.

Now, Move It People!

2 comments:

  1. I hear you loud and clear!!! I know those last comments were for me. :o) You are focused, so nothing should stop you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm talking to you:)Let's make it happen. Feel free to call me out if you see that I am losing momentum. I give you permission.

    ReplyDelete